Download Gator Safe here. It is the official safety app of The University of Florida. The app features emergency contacts, safety tips, a personal safety tools, maps, and much more!
Florida residents and visitors have a new resource to help them prepare for destructive storms and other emergencies. The Florida Public Radio Emergency Network (FPREN) launched Florida Storms, a free mobile weather application that offers a simple way to stay informed of potential weather and other hazards, backed by real-time credible information from the nearest Florida public radio station. Learn more and download here.
NOAA Weather Radio
Everyone is encouraged to have a NOAA All Hazard Radio in their home or office, when reception is available. Each UF department is responsible for placing NOAA Weather Radios in their buildings when reception is available. Units are available locally or in the MyUFL Marketplace. Any new radios purchased should carry the Public Alert logo:
- NOAA Weather Radio Information from the National Weather Service Jacksonville
- NOAA Weather Radio Consumer Information from the National Weather Service
- For programming a Weather Radio for use inside Alachua County, use the following information:
- Alachua County SAME Code = 012001
- Tune to 162.475 Mhz (Channel 4 on most units)
Social Media Accounts: