- DO NOT hang up on the caller; speak calmly to them
- Write down the incoming phone number from the caller ID
- If another person is close by, notify them and tell them to call 9-1-1
- Keep the caller on the line
- Be polite and ask:
- Where is the bomb located? (building, floor, room, etc.)
- When will it go off?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will make it explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
- Attempt to identify characteristics of the caller and their location (age, gender, voice, background noise, etc.)
- After the call, ensure 9-1-1 was notified
- Public safety officials will decide when and if to evacuate.
Source: UF Police Department
UF Police Department Bomb Threat Procedures
Bomb Threat Guidelines for BECs
Version Date: 09/2018