Threatening Call / Bomb threat Checklist: http://www.police.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Bomb-threat-procedures.pdf
If a bomb threat is called in:
- DO NOT hang up on caller and speak calmly.
- Write down incoming phone number, from caller ID.
- If another person is close by, notify them and tell them to call 9-1-1.
- Keep the caller on the line.
- Be polite and ask:
- Where is the bomb located? (Building, Floor, Room, etc.)
- When will it go off?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will make it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
- Attempt to identify characteristics of the caller and their location (age, gender, voice, and background noise).
- After the call, ensure 9-1-1 was notified.
- Public safety officials will decide when and if to evacuate.
Source: University Police Department
Additional information available at: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/dhs-doj-bomb-threat-guidance-brochure-508.pdf
Version Date: August 2016