Medical Emergency – General
- Call 9-1-1.
- Unless trained, do not render assistance above basic first aid.
- If appropriate for type of emergency and available, deploy AED.
- Have someone meet and escort public safety officials to the victim.
- Provide public safety officials with all known information about the incident.
- DO NOT jeopardize your health and safety to render care.
- DO NOT attempt to move the injured/sick person unless they are in immediate danger.
Source: UFPD/Gator Emergency Medical Response Unit (GEMRU)
Version Date: 05/2021