Medical Emergency – Seizures
If you encounter someone experiencing a seizure:
- Call 9-1-1.
- STAY with the person until they are awake and alert after seizure.
- Keep the person SAFE; move or guide away from harm.
- Turn the person onto their SIDE if not they are not awake and aware.
- Keep airway clear.
- Loosen tight clothing around neck.
- Place a small and soft object under head.
- DO NOT put anything in their mouth.
- DO NOT restrain.
Source: UFPD/Gator Emergency Medical Response Unit (GEMRU)
Version Date: 05/2021